1: TITLE AND DURATION
This, the St Helens Angling Association, shall consist of an unlimited number of members, at the discretion of the committee, and shall not be disbanded while seven remain in, and then only by a majority of the seven. In the event of the dissolution or winding up of St Helen`s AA, any surplus monies are to be distributed either to another non-profit making club, or registered charity
2: MANAGEMENT & CONSTITUTION OF ASSOCIATION
The business of the Association shall be managed by the Committee and the following officers: President, Vice President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, in line with the Associations Constitution. An independent Accountant shall be appointed to audit the Clubs Finances.
3: ELECTION OF COMMITTEE & OFFICERS
The club President, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Secretary are to serve for a period of 3 years. The Committee to be chosen annually, nominations to be made in writing, proposed, and seconded, and in the hands of the Secretary 2 weeks prior to the A.G.M. A minimum of 5 is required to form a quorum.
The Association shall hold 4 member’s meetings each year, to be held on the first Tuesday of February, May, August, and November. All Bailiffs must attend. The Association reserves the right to amend these dates if so required.
5: SPECIAL MEETINGS
Special meetings may be called on matters of importance or urgency if any six members desire and shall give notice to the Secretary in writing. Members will be notified via the web site and local tackle shop display. A minimum of 13 required to form a quorum
7: GENERAL RULES
- Should any member be detected in any act of fraud or misdemeanor in any way that may bring discredit to the club, the Committees decision is to be final
- No member shall fish within 10 yards of another member without his consent
- No fish to be taken from any of the club’s waters
- No Fish to be transferred between waters
- Members shall not fish pegs that have been allocated for official competitions, until the contestants are finished. These areas will be made public through social media with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice.
- Anyone caught leaving litter, or being in possession of cans, will have their licence taken away from them for that year
- Blood worm and bloodworm feed are banned on all Association Waters
- 2 Rods all allowed on all Association Waters with the exception of Carr Mill Dam and Burgees Pond, where 3 rods are allowed when fishing for Carp or Pike
- Live Baiting is allowed on a catch and use basis. Any member caught retaining fish in a keep net or container of any form will be expelled from the Association
- A minimum 42” Landing Net and suitable padded unhooking mat shall apply when fishing for Carp or Pike
- A minimum length of 18” Wire Trace to be used when fishing for Pike
- Official Club Bailiffs are entitled to inspect your membership card and tackle on production of their bailiff’s warrant card. They do not have to produce their membership card on bailiff duties.
- Members are prohibited from carrying out any associated works including tree cutting, removing bankside vegetation, clearing pegs etc., without written consent from either the local bailiff or committee member
- Fishing is prohibited behind the arches at Carr Mill Dam
- All method feeders must be completely free running (no elasticated method feeders)
- No sacking or retaining of fish. All fish to be returned as soon as possible after capture
- The use of bait boats is not allowed
- No fixed leads when carp fishing. All leads must pass freely over the leader knot
- Fishing is allowed from designated areas only.
8: NIGHT FISHING
Night Fishing is allowed on Carr Mill Dam and the Burgies Pond only, on purchase of a Night Permit from the Committee. Junior members are allowed to night fish on the following conditions:
- That they purchase and are in possession of a night fishing permit
- That they are accompanied by a senior member over the age of 21 at all times
- The Senior Member holds a current Licence and Night Fishing Permit
- The Senior Member shall accept full responsibility for the Junior Member
- Junior Members must not take companions with them when fishing unless they are also a member
- Junior Members are subject to all the rules of the Association
Junior Members are allowed 1 rod only
- Adult Membership Commences at the age of 17 years
- Juniors under the age of 8, must be accompanied by a supervising Adult
- Juniors under the age of 8 do not require a licence
10: MATCH REGULATIONS
- One Rod One Line, single hook only
- Live or Dead Baits Are Forbidden
- Blood worm and Blood worm feed are forbidden
- Competitors must place their rods on the bank if they desire to leave their pegs
- Keep Nets must be a minimum of 2.5 metres and pegged out where practicable.
In matches where all fish weigh, keep nets to be used, and all fish to be returned to the water immediately after being weighed.
- All Fish above 4 oz. must be landed by a landing net
- The Match Secretary or persons allocated to run the match, may disqualify any competitor failing to comply with match regulations. Should any condition arise which these regulations do not meet, the Match Secretary or allocated persons have full power to deal with the same
- Competitors fishing a match, should not interfere with any other angler during the duration of the match.
- Contestants shall not fish the selected water until time for contest. This rule applies from midnight before the contest
11: CLOSED SEASON
All Still Waters to stay open all year. There is no closed season on Association Still Waters
- Any contingency not provided for in these rules shall be dealt with by the committee, who`s decision shall be final. Acceptance of membership constitutes acceptance of the Rules of the Association
- This permit remains the property of St Helen`s Angling Association
- Bailiff’s or Committee Members may temporally confiscate a member’s permit deemed to be infringing the rules of the Association. The member must then attend a committee meeting where the misconduct will be heard, and a decision made
- Members are not allowed on any Association Waters between Dusk and Dawn, with the exception being Carr Mill Dam, Leg O’Mutton Dam, Paddock Dam, Colliers Moss and Burgees Pond when in possession of a night permit
- Members will be held responsible for the behaviour of those deemed to be in their company whilst fishing on St Helens Association Waters
ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR OR ANY SIGNS OF AGGRESSION TOWARDS CLUB BAILIFFS, CLUB OFFICIALS, CLUB MEMBERS OR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WILL NOT BE TOLERATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND WILL RESULT IN EITHER A PERIOD OF SUSPENSION OR PERMANENT LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP FROM THE CLUB